Feb 7, 2015
45 Business Quotes to Overcome Life’s Challenges
There are many powerful life lessons that can be learned from leaders and entrepreneurs. The businesses they run, are mirrors of their values, their philosophy, and their life style, the way they handled success and failures, their outlook on life and always reflects their character.
Even the best leaders never know it all, they surround themselves with a tribe of followers, believers and devoted supporters.
Leaders guide their “family” through economical rough seas, market jungles, frantic launches and chaotic crashes!
Great leaders, together with their team, employees, clients and customers they love, they hate, they fight, they hug, they cry, they scream, they sigh, they grow, succeed, or fail then rise back up.
Regardless if you are an entry level employee fresh out of school, or a seasoned professional with a glorious career, you and I can always glean some wisdom and insight from other luminaries and experts. pixgood.com
QUOTES ARE SO POPULAR, for one reason, they are like titles to a chapter, and it’s up to US, you and me, to write that chapter of OUR LIVES. We need to find how to apply it, or not and take action.
Nurturing a career is a lifelong endeavor, with its ups and downs, fun and exciting, but there are times when we feel weak, vulnerable, clueless and stuck.
Not one of us knows it all, and not one of us succeeded without a fall, so when you are running out of steam out of motivation and face tough decisions, a good, solid quote is what might just help you keep on keeping on!
In that spirit, here a golden choice of 45 SOLID quotes that will motivate you to stay strong and get back on your feed and lead the charge.
1. If the wind will not serve, take to the oars. Latin Proverb
2. You can fool all the people all the time if the advertising is right and the budget is big enough. – Joseph E. Levine
3. Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in. Bill Bradley
4. “Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming.” Richard Branson
5. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” Thomas Edison
6. “A friendship founded on business is better than a business founded on friendship.” John D. Rockefeller
7. “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” Estée Lauder
8. “Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.” Henry Ford
9. “Innovation is the specific instrument of entrepreneurship. The act that endows resources with a new capacity to create wealth.” Peter Drucker
10. Statistics suggest that when customers complain, business owners and managers ought to get excited about it. The complaining customer represents a huge opportunity for more business. – Zig Ziglar
11. “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful, that’s what matters to me. Steve Jobs
12. You are not your resume, you are your work. – Seth Godin
13. Beware of any enterprise requiring new clothes. – Henry Thoreau
14. One finds limits by pushing them. – Herbert Simon
15. If you see a bandwagon, it’s too late. – James Goldsmith
16. Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning. – Bill Gates
17. Success is often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable. – Coco Chanel
18. The competitor to be feared is one who never bothers about you at all, but goes on making his own business better all the time. – Henry Ford
19. The good or ill of a man lies within his own will. – Epictetus
20. I have known not a few men who, after reaching the summits of business success, found themselves miserable on attaining retirement age. They were so exclusively engrossed in their day to day affairs that they had no time for friend making. – B.C. Forbes
21. The cynic says, “One man can’t do anything”. I say, “Only one man can do anything.” – John W. Gardner
22. A business has to be involving, it has to be fun, and it has to exercise your creative instincts. – Richard Branson
23. “Don’t worry about people stealing your design work. Worry about the day they stop.” —Jeffrey Zeldman
24. I feel that luck is preparation meeting opportunity. – Oprah Winfrey
25. “What I’ve learned from running is that the time to push hard is when you’re hurting like crazy and you want to give up. Success is often just around the corner.” James Dyson
26. “Chase the vision, not the money, the money will end up following you.” —Tony Hsieh, Zappos CEO
27. “The value of an idea lies in the using of it.” —Thomas Edison
28. We generate fears while we sit. We overcome them by action. Fear is nature’s way of warning us to get busy. – Dr. Henry Link
29. People rarely buy what they need. They buy what they want. – Seth Godin
30. “A good leader is not necessarily the most popular person in their business, but the best ones are liked because they are respected for their clarity and vision.” Alan Sugar
31. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” Walt Disney
32. “I had to make my own living and my own opportunity. But I made it! Don’t sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Get up and make them.” Madam C. J. Walker
33. You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take – Wayne Gretzky
34. Successful people are the ones who are breaking the rules. – Seth Godin
35. To the degree we’re not living our dreams; our comfort zone has more control of us than we have over ourselves. – Peter McWilliams
36. “I don’t believe in failure. It is not failure if you enjoyed the process.” Oprah Winfrey
37. The man who does not work for the love of work but only for money is likely to neither make money nor find much fun in life. – Charles M. Schwab
38. You must remain focused on your journey to greatness. – Les Brown
39. Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing. – Theodore Roosevelt
40. “If you can’t feed a team with two pizzas, it’s too large.” —Jeff Bezos
41. “Make every detail perfect and limit the number of details to perfect.” Jack Dorsey
42. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.” —Steve Jobs
43. “The most dangerous poison is the feeling of achievement. The antidote is to every evening think what can be done better tomorrow.” —Ingvar Kamprad, IKEA founder
44. Never ever do yourself what you can get others to do for you, faster, better and cheaper. J. Knyszewski
45. Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re going to get. Forest Gump
Feb 7, 2015